Facility Security Specialist (TS/SCI w/CI Poly )
- Reston, VA
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) and provide support to Government Program Security Officer (PSO).
- Provide support for program security and execution of all security policies and requirements for specified SAP programs, compartments, sub-compartments and projects.
- Support full life cycle security for SAP at contractor facilities and government installations.
- Evaluate adherence to minimum and specific requirements for a fully accredited "open" or "closed" storage facility. Ensure high security locks are properly provisioned and inspect safes.
- Write observables containment plans to obscure the existence and objective of sensitive activities.
- Create templates for proactively protecting programs that are vulnerable to exposure.
- Develop, assess and draft plans to transport classified platforms.
- Provide SCIF/SAPF expertise to ensure compliance with DOD and IC policy.
- Review SCIF accreditation packages.
- Brief individuals/groups to SAPs to establish knowledge of CPls and project status.
- Conduct or support periodic security inspections of cleared facilities in the NCR.
- Implement security education program for assigned personnel.
- Review highly sensitive personnel information, develop profiles, assist in all aspects of personnel security administrative processes.
- Identify underlying issues, convey programmatic/national security implications and offer solutions.
- Perform SCIF accreditation to include evaluating physical security, acoustics controls, visual controls, access control, electronic and TEMPEST security. Participate in design phase to ensure construction meets security requirements.
- Maintain information security accountability records for SAP including marking, storage, courier, general handling and inventory.
- Develop special topic security briefings to include SAP security INDOC, refresher, marking, special topics and program specific briefings.
- Maintain SAP establishment, program security classification guides, disestablishment and review of quarterly, annual and periodic program documentation.
- Responds to inquiries regarding personnel clearances, reporting requirements, visit coordination, SCI and SAP nomination status using existing databases.
- Work with CPSO and GSSO to establish, maintain and closeout SAP co-use or SCIF co-use/joint use agreements.
- Review, verify, edit, draft, and submit security paperwork for approval to accredit facilities and automated information systems in accordance with applicable policies.
- Draft and maintain standard operating procedures, security classification guides and other essential security documents, records and databases.
- Ensure classified information generated or received is appropriately protected according to guidelines in DIA, DOD and applicable IC security directives and manuals.
- 5 years of experience with direct knowledge and functional expertise in maintaining SAP programs.
- Training and experience working with SAPs.
- Completion of Instructor led Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE)
- Introduction to Special Access Programs Course (SA101.01) is highly desired. Highly qualified candidates will have completed the CDSE Orientation to SAP Security Compliance Inspections (SA210.01) course.
- Experience with SCIF accreditations and inspections.
- Experience developing and implementing security training to meet SAP requirements.
- Experience performing GSSO or CPSO functions for government and contractor customers.
- Completion of prerequisites for access to JPAS (PII Course)
- Special Program Security Certification (SPSC) desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- DoD or Military service highly desired
Friday, July 9, 2021