Special Project Coordinator (North Valley)
Sierra HR Partners (Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board)
- Merced, CA
The Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board (FRWDB) is a Joint Powers Authority between the City and County of Fresno, with a business-led model to help local organizations meet their workforce needs. We are currently seeking a Special Project Coordinator to lead the development and implementation of special project grants. This position will be based in the Modesto/Merced area, and work remotely for Fresno, under the Valley Build Partnership. Under the general direction of the Special Project Manager. The Special Project Coordinator will work with various members of the project team to develop timelines, create schedules, oversee progress, and ensure all aspects of special projects run smoothly and efficiently.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct outreach and recruitment of customers that have an aptitude or interest in industry specific sectors through various recruitment strategies.
- Provide program support in the administration of grants and special projects and manage all aspects of day-to-day program coordination activities.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to grant guidelines in regard to performance standards, definitions, allowable activities, funding categories, and accountabilities.
- Provide technical experience and guidance to training providers, partners, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Collect data and assist/complete narrative progress reports as required by funders.
- Prepare agenda items and all other communiques relative to grants and to orally represent grants at various Board and Council meetings as required.
- Recognize strategic opportunities with external sources and develop strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
- Assist in the design and enhancements of special project programs and services.
- Assist with the development of grants and special projects and pilots as needed.
- Adhere to grant guidelines, i.e., performance standards, definitions, allowable activities, funding categories, and accountabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business, Public Administration, or related field or, six (6) years of directly related work experience in an administrative capacity in private or public service in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional leadership, analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse economic backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective time management, problem solving, and task prioritization skills.
- Must have a valid California driver's license, personal automobile liability insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
Excellent benefits package, including 100% paid health and Life insurance for the employee, 80% paid health for dependents. Paid vacation and company paid retirement plan with a 7% company contribution, educational tuition assistance program, and competitive salary DOE in the range of $52,000 - $56,000 annually.
Apply online through Sierra HR Partners. Make telephone inquiries by calling 559.431.8090
An Equal Opportunity Employer