Business Development Representative
Smith Harvey Associates
- New York, NY
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Work for the leading provider of integrated network and application performance management and cyber security solutions for today’s most demanding service provider, enterprise and government networks and organizations worldwide. Through a suite of software solutions, we enable customers to maximize the performance and efficiency of applications and content delivered across globally distributed networks.
Headquartered in Massachusetts, with over 2,500 employees and offices across the globe, this client serves the Global 5000 enterprise community as well as government agencies and telecommunications service providers.
Develop and implement strategic sales plans in support of the field sales force to achieve account penetration goals and corporate revenue goals for the assigned territory. The Business Development Representative position provides an Account Management career development path through successful support of local field and partner activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Identify and develops new meetings and opportunities within assigned region
- Runs various plays/sequences through prospecting tools
- Establish qualified leads through high volume cold calling, email, social and other prospecting techniques
- Penetrate field designated target list of Enterprise accounts not currently engaged in – White Space
- Follow up with Marketing Leads within region
- Identify opportunities for business expansion at selected existing target accounts
- Re-engage with stagnant/lost customers
- Targets competitive win-back campaigns
- Work with field team in a coordinated fashion driving and supporting selected initiatives
- Support and drive attendance at selected field events
- Utilize data resources such as Zoominfo, Tech Install Base lists, past leads, LinkedIn, etc.
- Analyzes buyer intent data to identify opportunities
- Maintain thorough knowledge of company products/services
- B.S. / B.A or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of sales experience, phone sales experience, 2-5 years of which were in an Inside Sales or Business Development role
- Previous experience selling computer software, cyber-security, or related networking products.
- · 2-5 years’ experience calling on Enterprise Accounts
- Ability to articulate the company value proposition
- Cold calling techniques
- Executing prospecting plays
- Results oriented, Self-Starting, and highly motivated
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- MS Office Tools
- SFDC, Outreach.io, Zoominfo, and LinkedIn experience a plus
Wednesday, January 4, 2023