Smith Harvey Associates
- Boston, MA
Our client is one of the largest and most experienced global private equity firms with over 95 billion AUM and 410 private equity investments across 42 countries. They have 15 offices in 12 countries and over 550 employees. Over 250 investment professionals are focused on buyouts and growth equity investments in five core sectors: business and financial services; healthcare; industrial; retail, consumer, and leisure; and technology.
The EA team, supports all functions across the business, acting as an extension of the teams they support, constantly striving to deliver a best-in-class experience that ensures operational excellency, efficiency, and exceptional teamwork. The role is within our RCL (Retail, Consumer and Leisure) team, supporting the Managing Partner and approximately 2 team Executives. We are seeking a candidate who is a strong team player, with a confident and calm demeanor.
Calendar and Project Management
- Works with the Managing Partner across competing priorities to target “best” use of time for Advent, both in the day-to-day decisions faced, and in longer term strategic initiatives.
- “Ambassador” of the firm and team, in internal or external interactions, always maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Arranging extensive internal and external meetings, often complex, time critical and across multiple time zones.
- Keeping abreast of constantly changing busy schedules and remain unphased by last-minute requests, proactively managing potential conflicts to ensure seamless coordination.
- Working with our travel agency to book complex travel for the team and company advisors, including "day of” management as things sometimes go awry.
- Comfortable working with C-suite staff to schedule extensive board meetings.
- Setting up conference calls, in-person meetings and team events.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are adequately catered, working with the Services team.
- Proactively collating and distributing documents prior to meetings.
- Booking external lunches and dinners while ensuring appropriate business standards are met.
- DNA/Salesforce management of contacts.
- Relationship management of key contacts – life events, holidays, scheduling of time to connect.
- Building strong relationship with portfolio company EA teams.
- Quarterly tracking of investment bankers and sourcing contacts, inclusive of long-term relationship establishment with industry counterpart EA team.
- Expenses to be completed using Concur Expense Management System and company AMEX.
- Submission to Finance regularly and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attend to queries on accounts when appropriate or directs to relevant person(s) as needed.
- Cover absence for other EAs.
- Help look after extra deal team members when colleagues are out of the office.
- Ability to manage an ever-changing workload and moving priorities.
CANDIDATE PROFILE REQUIRED
- 5 years EA experience in addition to a background of working in either Private Equity, Investment Banking or Management Consultancy.
- Demonstrable experience of working under high-pressure conditions in a thoughtful manner.
- Sharp attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening skills, and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to interact professionally to all levels of employees and work styles.
- A positive, flexible, delivery and solutions-focused attitude.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach, providing support to all team members as required.
- Able to show initiative, be proactive and to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Must maintain a good understanding of the business and all existing projects to ensure proactive, hands-on support.
Smith Harvey Associates
Wednesday, September 20, 2023