Director of Patient Engagement
Smith Harvey Associates
- Boston, MA
Director, Patient Engagement
Full-service patient engagement agency that partners with pharmaceutical and biotech companies to infuse the patient experience into company programming and communications. We support our clients in empowering patients to advocate for their best healthcare, thereby improving patient outcomes and increasing patient satisfaction with their therapy. With a focus in rare disease, we are patient-centric, brand-savvy, and compliance-minded, offering unmatched flexibility, innovative thinking, and flawless execution.
The Account Director (AD) leads one or more client accounts, ensuring they are profitable and growing. The AD is the primary point of contact for the client and takes responsibility for the delivery of quality patient-focused programs and creative work that meets the clients objectives and addresses their business needs. The Account Director coordinates the resources needed to successfully manage projects and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of patient ambassador and patient marketing programs.
Strategic Account Management: Demonstrates ability to communicate with clients about account and brand strategic needs that lead to organic growth.
- Maintains on-going communications with key client contacts to gauge performance and foster relationships. Is a problem solver for client issues.
- Exhibits solid presentation skills.
- Provides clear strategic direction to agency team. Evaluates creative product and tactical plans against strategic direction and provides constructive feedback.
Advocacy Relationship Management
- The ability to conduct advocacy landscape analyses and build advocacy engagement plans on behalf of our clients may be required.
- Building and maintaining relationships with patient advocacy organizations as it relates to our clients business may be required.
- Comprehensive understanding of each clients business
- In-depth knowledge of, and compassion for, each clients patient group and their needs
- Thorough understanding of industry business trends. Broad knowledge of whats going on in the patient marketing space to offer innovative solutions to clients.
Tactics and Execution:
- Oversees all activities that relate to support of the patient-focused programs and projects associated with the client account. This includes strategy and planning meetings, status meetings, financial reconciliation, partner agency coordination, project level reporting and measurement and participation in Review Committee process as needed.
- Approaches client projects from holistic patient marketing perspective.
- Manages a cross-functional team including Patient Ambassador Manager(s), Patient Storywriter(s) and Program Event Planner(s) in developing, planning and executing patient engagement programs.
- Mentors team on superior customer service.
- Developing and monitoring financial forecast projections.
- Ensures work is completed within budget and demonstrates team accountability for 1) SOW development 2) client signed estimates, PO and invoice tracking 3) accurate and timely budget reconciliations for all projects 4) continued efforts to realize cost savings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
ANALYTICAL SKILLS Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
COMPUTER SKILLS Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point, including spreadsheets, database and reporting tools. Knowledge of CVENT is preferred.
DECISION MAKING SKILLS Ability to make clear, concise decisions and solve complex problems.
ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS Ability to foster and maintain a productive, successful working partnership with the client and the internal Px team.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to achieve goals in a timely fashion.
TRAVEL Ability and desire to travel on a frequent basis and with short or minimal notice (when it is deemed safe to do so). This may include weekend and evening hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- A persuasive and confident approach to project management
- A desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and ever evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- A background in biopharmaceutical patient marketing (client or agency side) a plus
- Experience in working with Patient Advocacy Organizations a plus
Monday, November 1, 2021