Vice President Of Event Operations
Smith Harvey Associates
- Hingham, MA
Vice President of Event Operations
The Vice President of Event Operations is responsible for developing and managing the service delivery strategy and operations for their vertical(s). They develop a vertical structure and team that will deliver value, implementation services and solutions that exceed client expectations. Through the development and refinement of standard operational procedures (SOPs) the VP ensures that services are delivered in the most efficient manner. In collaboration with system integrators, the VP ensures that technology is being appropriately utilized to increase overall efficiency and production. This VP is a change champion, solution expert and innovation leader that leverages their skillset to lead impactful departmental initiatives and “best in class events” from concept development to implementation and integration.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders/clients to ensure service delivery is aligned to support the goals of our clients and resolve service-related issues.
- P&L net income management and reporting
- Develop and deliver event enablement to include pre-event briefings, at-event briefings, and drive post-event follow-up briefings and event retrospectives (this includes conducting surveys to develop internal employee feedback and measure program improvements, event recap processes)
- Ensure events arranged are consistent with the client’s corporate objectives, working with clients/AMs and event planners on strategic planning to achieve this
- Develop trainings to educate employees on strategy, cost savings, policy and compliance regulations
- Manage Service delivery team including weekly meetings, reviews and employee development
- Attendance at QBRs as needed
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships in collaboration with Vendor Management department
- Produce "Best in Class" events with constant evaluation to drive improvement
- Analyze department metrics (FTE/revenue & FTE/events)
- Forecast staffing resources based on company revenue goals and client needs
- Liaise with VP, Account Management to ensure appropriate pricing for work is being conducted
- Liaison between Operations and all other departments within the company.
- Member of the Leadership Team presenting quarterly business reviews, data and meetings.
- Oversee execution of client deliverables under the terms of the Master Service Agreement.
- Participate in client Business Development as the Service Delivery subject matter expert
- Work with team members/IT to determine how technology can be infused into the workflow
- Conduct quality insurance checks to ensure program execution is conducted accordingly.
- Establish clear and measurable objectives for the execution of programs. Monitor and measure these objectives regularly to assess potential process improvement and performance coaching
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
ANALYTICAL SKILLS – Ability to compare, contrast and quality check work and keen attention to detail. Can present numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS – As the liaison for the client and company, the VP has to excel at communication in person, over the phone, via email, across teams and utilizing technology.
COMPANY AND CLIENT EXPERTISE – Must possess an in-depth knowledge of the company and its Biopharma customers. Ability to identify the best opportunities for growth and service to the client.
STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVE – Need to have a strategic perspective that goes beyond short-term gains.
LEADERSHIP – Adept at directing stakeholders and managing employees at all levels. Must be confident and command respect from clients, vendors, direct reports and co-workers.
NEGOTIATION SKILLS – Ability to negotiate terms with vendors and other business partners to establish reliable cost-effective relationships to deliver the highest quality of service.
COMPUTER SKILLS – Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Concur especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools. Knowledge of CVENT is preferred.
DECISION MAKING SKILLS – Ability to make clear, concise decisions and solve complex problems.
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS – Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals in a timely fashion.
TRAVEL – Ability and desire to travel on a frequent basis with short or minimal notice. This may include weekend and evening hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or event management.
- 5-7 years progressive managerial experience in event production and execution with biopharma industry experience a plus
- Experience managing complex projects, clients, partners, teams and vendors
- Proven track of establishing strong, executive level client relationships
- Business acumen and financial (P&L) skills/metrics driven
- Proven experience managing large teams and remote workers
- Strong collaborator with successful track record of working in a cross-functional collaborative environment
Thursday, July 30, 2020