Smith Harvey Associates
- Bernardsville, NJ
Day to day, the PM is responsible for overseeing the timely, quality delivery of a portfolio of medical education projects. They are also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, staff, suppliers, clients, healthcare professionals (HCPs), and other relevant groups associated with overall project/account delivery
The PM has experience in the professional medical education space, specifically on HCP focused content development, advisory board meetings, speaker training meetings, KOL executive encounters, and other similar project types. A project coordinator typically supports the PM with execution of project tasks, but ultimately the PM must be driving the overall project including timeline milestones, owning or overseeing medical/legal/regulatory submission tasks, status report and recap development and management.
The PM always keeps the mantra of “White Glove Service” at top of mind in everything that they do as well as the company’s core values: customer value, team unity, progressive thinking, and working hard in a fun environment.
- Project quality and timeliness of delivery – Assumes responsibility for overall scope of each project, develops plans/timelines/budgets, and drives projects to timely, quality delivery.
- Client Communication & Satisfaction – Anticipates client needs and proactively addresses those needs with the project or account director to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Planning – Works with account management, project, scientific, vendors, and editorial teams to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate support and communication, including but not limited to:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating project tasks to team members best positioned to complete them
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when shared services are in play to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Financial – Works with account and project team to ensure the delivery of each project relative to budget, and the overall profitability of the account. The PM is able to independently reconcile projects in a timely manner. Helps to facilitate the reporting of financial records to client on a regular basis. Oversees and quality checks all financial tracking completed by the coordinator.
- Proposal Development Assistance – May be asked to supports Account/Project Team in the development of proposals/budgets to implement creative educational programs.
- Training and Development – Works with Project/Account Director to help select and hire appropriate staff, delegate as appropriate, train and develop Coordinators on a routine basis.
- Other – Completes all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization. This could include account/project management and scientifically-based tasks related to the business that Account Director/manager sells and/or oversees. These tasks could include literature searches, assistance in pitch development, agenda development for meetings, and review of meeting recaps, etc.
- Oversees 10-15 concurrent projects, depending on the scope
- Management 1-3+ accounts, depending on the scope
Position Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge (3+ years) of professional education project types (specifically peer to peer focused initiatives, not speaker bureau or professional advertising)
- Proficient software and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Adept problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Attention to detail, even under pressure
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, articulate, creative, optimistic and works easily with a variety of personalities and styles
- Ability to make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
Challenges and Opportunities
- Must exhibit excellent judgment and communications skills while dealing with clients, fellow team members, and health care professionals.
- Develop and maintain timelines for each project, in conjunction with coordinator
- Develop and maintain status reports and budgets for internal and client use
- Strive to become a valued resource to the client, physicians, and other relevant groups
- Continuously and consistently assess, adapt, and meet client needs and expectations
- Understand FDA, AMA, PhRMA Guidelines and State Regulations as they apply to all projects
- Foster integration, collaboration, and teamwork among team members.
- Deploy resources to best balance overall business objectives of the organization
- Possess a clear and full understanding of evolving medical education policies, procedures and guidelines
- Consistently make connections across projects/deliverables and make recommendations for project efficiencies, work-arounds, watch-outs
- Interact professionally and build relationships with third parties (professional organizations/societies, other vendors) where appropriate
Monday, November 1, 2021