Smith Harvey Associates
- North Reading, MA
TITLE: Benefits Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
STATUS: Salary, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resource
Primary Purpose: The Benefits Administrator will assist in the development and implementation of benefit plans with respect to program enhancements and cost controls. Under the direction of the Director of HR, the Benefits Administrator provides subject matter expertise on day-to-day administration, compliance, vendor management, communication and education on benefits and leave management to new and existing employees. The position will perform data analysis regarding various aspects of different plans, and identify and develop process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administers various employee benefits programs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability programs, flexible spending account programs, Employee Assistance Program as well as the 401(k) plan.
- Administers the leave of absence process, including tracking leave time, disability payments.
- Assists employees in the preparation of enrollment applications and in the completion of other employee benefits materials.
- Inputs benefits data into HRIS and related HR software applications i.e., Kronos.
- Reviews enrollment forms and other benefit documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Verifies the calculation of the monthly billing/premium statements for all group employee benefits programs and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolves any issues or discrepancies.
- Prepares the necessary documentation to enroll, change status, and terminate employee benefit plan participation.
- Serves as a liaison to insurance carriers regarding claim problems, issues, and concerns confronting employee participants.
- Participates in annual vendor negotiations and plan design sessions.
- Establishes and maintains files and records pertaining to all respective programs and participants.
- Assembles employee benefit material/packets and completes mass mailing as needed.
- Participates in the implementation of new or revised benefits programs
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining benefits policies and procedures to a variety of audiences.
- Creates and maintains employee benefit correspondence and spreadsheet files.
- Conducts benefits orientation for all new management and corporate hires.
- Facilitates the annual Benefits Open Enrollment process for the company.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable on provisions and compliance requirements associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Strong understanding of HIPAA and privacy/confidentiality requirements.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment practices and guidelines required.
- Proficient with Microsoft programs and HRIS systems. Kronos experience a plus.
- Strong analytic, planning, time management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of the I-9 process a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience usually obtained in 5-7 years’ related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in benefits administration.
- Strong background administering FMLA, Leave of Absence.
Tuesday, August 31, 2021