Director of Operations
Smith Harvey Associates
- Hanover, MA
Rapidly growing business that designs and manufactures premium home décor products is seeking a Director of Operations.
We are looking for someone with woodworking production experience who can manage the process and our team.
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of all aspects of production from manufacturing to order fulfillment and shipping.
- Spearhead strategy and execution and have central responsibility for determining the optimal use of available resources.
- Lead all production activities with the main goal of delivering high quality finished goods in accordance with demand and expectations.
- Establish and continuously measure the entire team with production metrics based on quality, timeliness and economical approach.
- Ensure that all functions and team members operate in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Drive quality performance, efficiencies and waste reduction through Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Tightly manage COGS through cost control, labor utilization, freight management, etc.
- Coordinate with Finance in the creation and ongoing successful management of inventory system to lead production plans and deliverables. · Establish and develop production standards. · Prepare and develop budgets and cost controls and review with senior team.
- Establish and continuously obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources and equipment.
- Communicate between all departments to ensure priorities are aligned and achieved, identifying recommendations and implementing new ways to improve processes, new vendors to consider and other related ways to work more effectively.
- Assist with special projects as they arise.
Qualifications; 5 years proven leadership background within a manufacturing environment · Must be highly collaborative and effective working across a wide array of team members · Capability to interact with, support and participate as member of our senior management team · Passionate about the product and role within the company · Knowledgeable and experienced enough to step right into a fast paced work environment · Willingness to assist beyond job description as often the case in small businesses
Friday, July 24, 2020