Event Coordinator &Development Associates
Smith Harvey Associates
- Braintree, MA, United States
Position: Event Coordinator & Development Associate
Reports to: Associate Director of Development
Location: Office at Easton facility;
(Work at temporary facility in Braintree until October 2023 – projected)
Job Summary: Provide strong, effective leadership of internal and external events.
Provide key administrative support to our advancement team to help achieve organizational fundraising goals.
Help accomplish our mission and build community by serving as a welcoming presence to volunteers, donors, and guests.
External Fundraising Events
- Manage logistics for all external fundraising events— on South Coast MA
- Provide operational support and reporting to both Development Boards and event committees
- Participate in evening development board and event committee meetings on a monthly basis
- Create and manage project plans, timelines, and programs for all events
- Lead print and digital event marketing efforts to ensure strong participation including social media integration
- Design and lead the production of event materials such as save-the date cards, invitations,
e-marketing, event websites, programs, signs, and sponsor recognition. Collaborate with graphic designer throughout this process.
- Manage relationships with event vendors and venue staff
- Negotiate vendor contracts and monitor deposit, cancellation and attrition policies as stated in contracts
- Audit final vendor invoices for accuracy
- Track event revenue, expenses, and budgeted forecasts
- Work with the Development staff in constructing annual event budgets
- Recruit and manage event volunteers
- Solicit in-kind donations for auctions and raffles
- Solicit event sponsorship renewals
- Communicate event schedules, progress, and deadlines to Development Boards and event committees
- Utilize fundraising software to create and manage event registration
- Utilize fundraising software to create third-party fundraising event pages and manage event-related online fundraising activities
- Manage on-site event production and post-event clean up
- Coordinate A/V requirements as needed
- Manage all required post-event activities such as donor follow-up, debriefing with event committees, and final reporting
- Manage event promotion distribution lists
- Document all relevant constituent information in a timely manner in CRM
- Other development-related duties as assigned
- Coordinate internal non-fundraising events— Annual Gratitude Mass, Board Volunteer Day.
- Manage hospitality for corporate volunteer groups, special visitors, and Community Day lunches
- Coordinate photo opportunities
Friday, February 17, 2023