Smith Harvey Associates
- Boston, MA
Our client is a consulting firm offering advisory services and solutions to clients, helping them to expand globally. This person will be responsible for core internal accounting tasks, including month-end closing, general ledger reconciliations, general ledger entries, financial reporting and analysis, cash projections and intercompany transaction accounting and reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly accounting entries and general ledger reconciliations for US Corporates related to revenue, accrued revenue and deferred revenue, which include multiple revenue streams and revenue recognition methods. Perform analysis of recorded revenue for completeness and reasonableness vs prior month and budget/forecast.
- Work with the Sr. Revenue Manager on monthly revenue analysis. Present and review revenue analysis with Regional Finance Director and US Corporate management.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analyses (revenue related)
- Regularly interact with Global Service Center Internal Finance team performing client billing. Utilize and/or request reports necessary for revenue accruals, revenue entries and analysis/research.
- Coordinate with Sr. A/R Collections manager on monthly bad debt charge-off entries and bad debt reserve adjustments. Post entries and reconcile corresponding accounts.
- Reconcile A/R subledger to general ledger and resolve any reconciling items. Regularly review A/R subledger for unapplied credits and work with Sr. Collections Manager and initiate actions to apply, refund or adjust credits as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly cash flow analysis and 3 month rolling cash forecast, with guidance from Financial Controller. Prepare schedule of monthly interco settlements to be made.
- Prepare monthly intercompany receivable / payable reconciliations and work with Finance colleagues with the respective interco entities to research, reconcile and resolve/adjust differences. Prepare monthly interco reconciliation status writeups for the Group Controller’s team.
- Take on responsibilities for G/L / ERP conversion to SAP in Q2/Q3 2023, including User Acceptance Testing, end user training, data validation, documentation of new processes, conversion/cutover responsibilities, post go live issue identification, etc.
- Respond to monthly and ad-hoc inquiries/request from the Group Controller’s team.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent unreconciled balances in the future.
- Prepare schedules and analysis requested for annual financial statement audit and year-end corporate tax filings.
- Assist the US Finance team with budget and forecasting deliverables – related to revenue – as necessary.
- Document and improve current processes.
- Assist in special projects and department initiatives as assigned.
Relevant Experience & Skills
- Superior analytical skills with a strong aptitude to understand the business, its revenue cycles and its operations
- Must demonstrate strong accounting aptitude and knowledge of accounting principles (with heavy focus on revenue recognition), including GAAP and IFRS
- Working knowledge of accounting for foreign currency transactions
- Advanced Excel and MS Office highly desired
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with large data files and easily use Excel functions to create journal entries, schedules, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrates initiative and strives to implement continuous improvement in the work performed by the senior accountant and across the Accounting team.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines, without sacrificing quality. Manages time effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred; Big 4 public accounting firm experience preferred
- 3-4 years of work experience in Corporate Accounting position and/or Audit/Assurance position with a CPA firm
Thursday, May 11, 2023