Medicinal Chemist, LA, CA
- Pasadena, CA
Are you looking for an opportunity to join cutting-edge pharmaceutical chemistry team that’s developed a proprietary platform technology for creating small molecules to treat patients with unmet medical needs? THEN READ ON! Our client’s technology allows unprecedented structural tailoring of small molecules that will enable the development of molecules with better target receptor docking and other desirable properties! This project is driven by a collaboration with a drug development start-up and a highly respected medical school’s translational oncology group. The oncology group will provide their proprietary knowledge of unknown oncologic dependencies and experimental expertise and the start-up will provide operational support and access to deep in-silico and drug development expertise. Our collaborators have also developed a broad database of intriguing biological targets. As the project progresses there may be an opportunity to become involved in the external start-up, where there are additional non-salary compensation incentives!
Immediate fast-track opportunity for a Medicinal Chemist in LA, CA, who possesses:
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Post-graduate research experience in complex molecule synthesis and/or methodology, preferably doing oncology drug discovery in the pharmaceutical industry or academia.
- A record of publications and patents demonstrating proficiency in synthetic chemistry or drug discovery.
- Experience or strong interest in the application of computational / structure-based drug design tools leading to advanced leads/development candidates.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of organic chemistry, with good awareness of current developments in the literature.
- A passion for learning and able to identify, develop and apply new technologies and ways of working to make possibilities real.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills to work collaboratively across interfaces of disciplines and organizations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design and synthesize novel chemical compounds to optimize potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics, physiochemical properties and in vivo efficacy.
- Interface with our biological and pharmacological collaborators in the testing and biological characterization of interesting compounds.
- Collaborate closely with a broad group of scientists, external collaborators, and outside service providers across scientific disciplines.
- Gain knowledge and expertise in use of state-of-the-art in silico modeling tools for hypothesis-driven design of novel compounds and exploration of structure-activity relationships.
- Independently drive the project through intellectual insight and efficient use of time and resources.
If you’d like to explore, send us your resume to email@example.com and we’ll follow up with you right away!
- Contribute effectively to patent, report, and scientific publication writing.
Friday, February 12, 2021