Ocean Freight Logistics Coordinator
- El Paso, TX
Sparrow Company, an executive search and staffing firm, is currently looking for an Ocean Freight Logistics Coordinator for a temporary to hire opportunity.
This position is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation’s processes as they relate to inbound and outbound ocean freight including the oversight and execution of the logistics for containers to include tracking, pick up number issuance, ocean freight rates, product integrity during shipment to include but not limited to customs related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track and trace all shipments from origins to all final destinations including:
- Freight forwarders/steamship line and rail
- Custom Brokers (including FDA/USDA, etc.)
- Trucking Companies
- Responsible for resolving issues including holds
- Review all bills with all inbound logistics business partners and ensure accuracy
- Track quality and quantity of products received in warehouses and 3PL’s by arranging pickups, delivery, receipt, and coordinate return of containers
- Responsible for obtaining quotes.
- Accountable for building business relationships with ocean freight carriers and forwarders
- Assist in determining the cause for inventory misalignment or shortages and help develop solutions to solve recurring issues.
- Assist in the management of international and cross-border logistics: compliance, reverse logistics, commercial invoicing, and duty drawback to ensure international shipments have the required clearances and documentation needed for successful and timely transport and delivery.
- Help drive continuous improvement in speed of fulfillment.
- Ensure KPIs are met, errors are detected, and solutions presented.
- Work cross functionally with overseas team, buyers, and warehouse teams.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred with 2 or more years work experience in sea, air, and rail freight logistics with customs related work experience and training
- Experience working with international companies
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios
- Knowledge of procedural requirements related to logistics e.g., supply flow and storage of products, services, and related information practices, methods, and terminology
- Knowledgeable on tracking KPI’s and Metrics
- Ability to multitask, juggle numerous duties, competing priorities and meet tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal), team player mindset.
- Strong adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness, and solution oriented. Creative, not afraid to think differently, take risks.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and make decisions.
- Ability to think through a problem and take appropriate action to resolve situations it in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
$15 per hour