Carbon Capture Project Manager
- Houston, TX
Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage (CCUS) Project Manager with responsibility of all aspects of one or more CCUS projects valued from $200k to several million dollars. From project study phase through project execution, construction, and commissioning for the cement plants in the USA.
- Maintain a safe workplace and strive for zero occupational injuries, accidents, and environmental incidences.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing CCUS projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Prepare requests of proposals, evaluate proposal responses, and assist Procurement with negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Coordinate contractor activities with plant operations.
- Conducts analysis of the project to improve the development, and coordinates with other areas in a team effort, to ensure that all problems are identified, addressed and timely solved.
- Work closely with the Director of CCUS & H2, Sustainability, Operations, Planning, Legal and Technical teams for the development and execution of CCUS projects.
- Be aware of the regulatory framework related to CCUS in the USA.
- Assess the evolving commercial and competitive landscape of CCUS and maintain an on-going learning and awareness of cutting-edge technologies and solutions.
- BS in Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in project management preferable in the cement or CCUS industry.
- Strong safety focus.
- Proven track of managing large scale projects that integrated various stakeholders and completed full life cycle.
- Experience in preparing, managing, executing, monitoring, and reporting on scopes of work that include technical, financial, commercial, legal, and environmental teams and information.
- High level of initiative, proactivity, and leadership to work closely with internal and external teams and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex industry concepts in non-technical terms and present to large audiences.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to employees and others.
- Maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Able to interface with all departmental (environmental, planning, operations, etc.) needs and requirements as well as with governmental agencies.
- Strong supervisory or management experience.
- Strong experience evaluating & managing costs associated with projects; experience developing project budgets.
- Experience developing documents for project proposals, evaluating proposals’ responses.
- Experience with selection of contractors and implementing contract agreements for these.
- Experience managing multiple projects and contractors with budgetary oversight of these.
- Adept in the use of project management software.
- High-level computer proficiency is required including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects and AutoCAD.
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Requires sitting/standing in front of a computer for extended periods of time
- Requires strict adherence to all safely rules within an office environment and industrial plant locations where PPE is required
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
$98K - $111K