- Tulsa, OK
Sparrow Company is looking for an Environmental Manager for one of our clients a major US cement manufacturer.
To provide the Plant with environmental management of all aspects of environmental performance with respect to applicable Federal, State and Local regulation for the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Emergency Planning Community Right-to-know Act (EPCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation & Liability Act (CERCLA) and Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA).
This position is responsible for all environmental services within the Plant and associated distribution terminals. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. The position has no direct reports.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Observes safety regulations and established operational procedures at all times. Promotes safe practices and efforts throughout the plant.
- Responsible for completing routine environmental reporting requirements and performing environmental monitoring, which includes: National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Discharge Monitoring Reports, Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) Reports, SARA Form A/R, Tier II Reporting, Title V/Part 70 Air Permit Reporting, Air Emission Statements, Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS) Reports, Hazardous Waste Combustor (HWC) MACT and Portland Cement (PC) MACT compliance.
- Responsible for preparing routine air permit applications.
- Responsible for all employee regulatory training as required by Federal and State regulation.
- Responsible for reporting and working with all Plant Departments in correcting instances of nonconformance that may impact the Plant’s regulatory compliance.
- Implements long, medium and short-term environmental goals and objectives in line with plant objectives.
- Ensure adoption and adherence to regulated plans, standards and best practices; Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC), and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Planning (SWP3).
- Ensures the management of individual performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in engineering preferred, physical science, or environmental related field.
- 10 or more years of work experience as environmental engineer (in a manufacturing or consulting setting), including permitting and compliance experience in Air, Water, & Waste permits
- Strong project management skills.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills; demonstrated leadership skills via personal standards of conduct, work ethics, teamwork, etc.
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with several different manufacturing departments.
- Knowledge of the National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for the Portland Cement and Hazardous Waste Combustor Industries a plus.
- Experience in the Cement Industry a plus.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
$100K-$120K + $6K Bonus