- Saint Paul, MN
The Sourcing Engineer is responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities and representing sourcing for New Product Development (NPD) projects. The successful candidate will need to work collaboratively with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams including Sourcing, Process Engineering, Development, Quality, Regulatory, and Finance. They will serve as a mentor for Sourcing Engineers and other technical resources within the department as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier quotes on engineering requested design / process changes.
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) process with all stakeholders.
- Serve as mentor for sourcing team members.
- Participate in NPD projects and lead Procurement NPD activities through preferred supplier programs and RFQ's.
- Attend core team meetings and participate in design reviews and risk analysis.
- Order and track prototypes.
- Deliver launch parts to meet or exceed project timelines.
- Works with suppliers and internal team members to qualify new parts.
- Implement global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas and key suppliers to ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- Negotiate agreements to support total business requirements and establish standard costs.
- Continuously look for new savings opportunities through analysis of data (spend, purchase price variance, etc.) and hands on review of materials in the production areas.
- Work with suppliers to address significant and/or systemic issues with performance (quality, delivery, warranty, etc.) as may be required in support of plant Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality teams.
- Responsible for coordinating with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within project timeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ of progressively responsible job-related experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, is required. Proficiency using Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros/ import and export information) is strongly preferred.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to analyze and evaluate quotations submitted by potential suppliers to assure that the quality, quantity, delivery terms, and costs are acceptable.
- Ability to prepare concise spreadsheets and present financial information in graphical form to support procurement decision making; prepare sourcing plans and communicate technical purchasing concepts to key customers.
- ISO 9001 and UL knowledge a must.
- Strong cross-functional teaming and collaboration skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy, and using it to drive decisions as well as present results and business cases to management.
- Ability to read and understand electrical layouts, drawings, and schematics.
- Basic understanding of small and medium size electronic components.
Monday, August 28, 2023
80000 - 90000