Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Delta, OH
Sparrow Company, LLC is looking for Mechanical Maintenance Technicians. These positions will be reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader, the mechanical technician is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment. The technician will develop and implement the maintenance programs necessary to ensure the short-term and long-term reliability of the equipment, as well as lead the effort to optimize maintenance costs, maximize equipment availability and reduce unsafe conditions.
Your day to day:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 3+ year of experience in an industrial maintenance position
- Mechanical capability to repair and/or analyze production equipment.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, overhead crane and rigging principles.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints, manuals and assembly directions.
- Proficient communication skills – particularly, the ability to explain complex mechanical issues.
- Must be able to perform physically demanding work, such as climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, twisting and bending for extended periods of time.
- Reliability, dependability and self-motivation
Some additional skills that you may have:
- Five (5) years Industrial Maintenance experience or Journeyman level mechanic
- Associates Degree in industrial maintenance (or similar)
- Experience with pumps (diaphragm and centrifugal) drives: gearbox, belts, chain, hydraulic, couplings, motor-air, bearings, shafts, nuts, bolts, taps, and dies
- Experience with piping (water and steam)
- Knowledge with process control transmitters and safety switches
- Experience with an air compressor system- including filters regulators, dryers, and lubricators.
Friday, August 7, 2020
$70K - $90K