- Tijuana, BC
Roles and Responsibilities.
- Design, deploy, and support Linux and Windows Server environments.
- Provide level of escalation in response to incidents/requests regarding network and/or platform performance and configuration, including off hours escalations.
- Author and update eco-system documentation, run-books, diagrams, and network assets.
- Develop and support automation strategy of basic support processes.
- Develop and continually improve guidelines and procedures related to platform management
- Monitor and tune platform configurations to proactively identify and eliminate potential issues.
- Prepare and review performance and capacity utilization reports related to optimize platform resources.
- Interact and collaborate with other architects and subject matter experts, including presentations to management and executives.
- Support and maintain the deployed solutions
- Establish and maintain a configuration management solution
- Reviews Analytic ecosystem and recommends areas for improvement to ensure scalability
- Participates in evaluating third-party vendor tools as needed and as directed.
- Expert in Linux and Windows Server - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting and overall platform vocabulary
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IntelliCloud
- Operations Best Practices
- Proficiency in Python and Rest API use
- Good knowledge of a version control system e.g. (Git, Subversion)
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools e.g. Jira, Bugzilla
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL)
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols)
- Familiarity with DevOps methodology
- Ability to write technical documentation clearly and concisely e.g. technical design, operation guides, user guides and tutorials
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- 5+ years RHEL and SUSE Linux system administration experience.
- 3+ years’ Windows server administration.
- 3+ years’ experience of production environments. support:SaaS offerings, operational strategies, and mission critical systems to include IT internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in High Availability systems in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Experience and knowledge of network monitoring tools/suites such as SolarWinds.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Git and scheduling applications (JAMS, CRON, etc).
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, AWS S3, Azure, or GCP).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with DevOps methodology.
- Ability to write technical documentation clearly and concisely e.g. technical design, operation guides, user guides and tutorials.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
$30,000 - $45,000 MXN