Process Capture Engineer
- Houston, TX
Propose and integrate relevant technologies for Carbon Capture ranging from current best available, and emerging technologies incorporating synergies and the full CCUS value chain.
- Develop a process to evaluate and select, together with the Head of CCUS, which capture technologies could be best suited for the various cement operations in the USA
- Identify main criteria relevant to the integration of the capture plant with the cement plant
- Define the potential barriers (technical, operational, etc.) and identify mitigation alternatives to decarbonize our operations through the implementation of carbon capture
- Evaluate all CO2 technologies that are planned or established in a cement plant for integration into the production process, efficiency and GHG impact
- Define and review the technical aspects of utilization alternatives for the CO2 captured
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD.) in chemical engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and implementing capture technologies
- English proficiency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: Ability to track, measure and analyze data/results and key metrics
- Strong project management, organizational skills, planning skills planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Team player, able take a leadership role in dealing effectively with various internal and external teams/departments
- Understanding of operations in a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to work independently, meet multiple deadlines, and manage a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Requires sitting/standing in front of a computer for extended periods of time
- Requires strict adherence to all safely rules within an office environment and industrial plant locations where PPE is required
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
$85K - $96K