- Troutville, VA
Sparrow Company is looking for a Quarry Manager for one of our clients a major US cement manufacturer.
We have an excellent opening for a Quarry Manager for its operations located in Troutville, Virginia. This position is responsible for the daily quarry operations; including but not limited to safety practice, supervision of quarry employees, environmental compliance, meeting production standards, inventory control and keeping the machinery in optimum condition.
- Follow and enforce Mine Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations, actively promulgate and support behavioral safety program though visible leadership.
- Through subordinates, direct and coordinate production activities of the limestone quarry operations to meet production goals the cement plants.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Lead the development of short and medium-term mining plans. Utilize mining software to monitor mine planning and advance.
- Implement process improvement and analysis by utilizing applied engineering techniques. Ensure safe and efficient mining and mineral processing methods, logistics, equipment management, work force utilization, production maximization, and cost reduction.
- Work with other functional leaders to ensure permitting, compliance and regulatory functions are completed as required and consistent with maximizing limestone reserves.
- Develop a high performance culture fully aligned with the cement, aggregates, and fly ash sales personnel.
- Promote a positive “can do” attitude in the work environment, emphasizing a “make change happen” approach while reinforcing group policies and providing feedback.
- Maintain an open dialog with operations personnel to identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Ensure the competence and development of department employees (hourly and salaried) by initiating training, coaching, counseling, mentoring and accountability to respond to items identified in the performance reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mining or similar Engineering (Progressive responsible mining experience with dragline operations is recommended)
- Knowledge of budgeting, P&L, planning, permitting, compliance, regulatory negotiations and process improvement.
- Knowledge of mineral processing, materials management (inventory and movement), and physical/chemical properties of limestone and limestone products.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, AutoCAD, mine design/planning/scheduling software, ERP software (DataStream/SAP).
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead By Example: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Show Bias For Action: Display and reward the urgency, accountability, action orientation and quick handling of challenges that rapidly drives things forward.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks involved. Make clear decisions; which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward. Set goals, create and implement actions plans and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes. Gather and process relevant information to generate possible solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ensure Outside-In Focus: Exhibit a deep understanding of the industry (and its trends), as well as, the customer and their needs in ways that it make it easy to do business with the company.
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
$120K plus 25% bonus