Sparrow Company is looking for a Production Manager for our client a US cement manufacturer.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, supervises the Production department in the hauling, raw/finish grinding and kiln operations; coordinates activities to assure a safe work environment and efficient production of clinker and cement, while maintaining environmental and quality objectives. Managers must use good judgement and treat all employees with fairness and respect. This responsibility remains unchanged, regardless of what department or area of the facility in which the Production Manager finds himself/herself.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Promotes and supports safety culture and ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations.
(2) Manages the plant’s production function while maintaining working relationship with other departments to ensure a smooth operation.
(3) Reviews sales forecast and schedules production to ascertain and meet product quantity
and quality requirements.
(4) Complete periodic inspections and audits to verify compliance with established policies, goals, and standards and hold departments accountable.
(5) Review production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and
maintenance problems to ensure safety, minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
(6) Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to
ensure compliance with standards.
(7) Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data. Monitors physical inventory levels.
(8) Oversees employee training requirements.
(9) Additional major functions include: planning, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting, reporting of department’s effectiveness, safeguarding assets, and environmental compliance.
(10) Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES:
The operation of business equipment, computer hardware and computer software applications.
(1) High school diploma is required; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
(2) Seven years’ experience in pyro-processing or related experience and/or training preferred; or
(3) Equivalent combination of education and experience
(4) Additional Requirements: