Sparrow Company is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Manager for one of our clients a building materials manufacturer.
The primary function of this position is to provide direction and leadership to the Mechanical Maintenance
Department while ensuring the performance standards are maintained within the facility. This includes
optimization of the equipment reliability/productivity, utilization of system capability, implementation of
process improvements, reducing plant costs, people development and providing effective leadership for the Department.
• Serve as safety champion to promote safe behavior and wellness within the mechanical maintenance department
• Accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of all plant mechanical maintenance functions involving equipment & systems, buildings and grounds
• Effectively manage the training and development of skills, knowledge, and abilities within the department
• Efficiently manage operating budget while focusing upon optimization and reduction of plant costs
• Oversee the maintenance and modification of the plant engineering library
• Provide project management direction to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
• Ensure engineering results are reliable and cost effective
• Oversee the troubleshooting of technical problems in the plant; provide direction as required
• Oversee the coordination of technical projects with suppliers, engineering firms, manufacturers, contractors and all departments within the company
• Review overall maintenance results for compliance within safety and industry standards and specifications
• Advise supervisors of labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, etc.
• Continually inspect and evaluate mechanical components of the facility and equipment for effectiveness.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required, Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or business administration preferred, but not required
• 7-10 years supervisory or management experience working in manufacturing or industrial setting required
• Must have excellent leadership and management skills (Skills will be assessed using a behavior based
• Individual must exhibit professional ability to deal with others and to create constructive working
relationships and an overall positive working environment
• Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Project management skills and knowledge of basic financial analysis required
• Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines, assist in the resolution of technical problems, and manage
ambiguous information effectively
• Position requires travel