- Jackson, TN
Purchasing Managers are the leaders of our factory purchasing teams as well as valued team members relied upon to guide and provide direction within manufacturing operations. This position reports directly to the Director of Plant Operations, but also includes a dotted-line reporting to the Global Supply Chain Manager. This distinction ensures strategic focus in support of the manufacturing requirements of our factories that focus on our customer’s demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading by example, a team of purchasing professionals focused on the strategic and tactical purchasing requirements of our Jackson, TN factory
- Display a strong sense of teamwork in working directly with peer functions within the factory leading to continuous improvement in the factory’s performance
- Support and enhance customer satisfaction by working with Jackson’s Quality Team to improve customer complaints via Supplier Corrective Action processes
- Utilize data to drive action and support continuous improvement
- Clearly define goals and objectives for team members and hold them accountable for success
- Manage supplier relationships in support of company’s Supplier Relationship Management program
- Focus on data accuracy and its value to Operations and our suppliers
- Manage RFP bids for Jackson and pursue leveraged opportunities for other company facilities.
- Assist in development of sourcing strategies for key material category
- Assist in the implementation of Supply Chain best practices
- Drive supplier productivity and performance through the engagement of supplier and peer review teams
- Utilize and improve computer operating systems utilized in the management of our business
- Responsible for meeting the relevant company Targets to Improve (TTI), especially OTD, quality PPM, cost reductions and inventory targets.
- Align supplier capacity to meet growing demand.
- Ensure proper implementation of Engineering Change Notices with suppliers and internal dispositions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead a team of Buyers as main responsibility
- Supports Director or Plant Operations in other requested supervisory roles.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred). APICS or ISM/Supply Chain certification required or willingness to complete certification program within two years of employment. MBA or Masters in Supply Chain (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) or component purchasing is required. Industrial or Automotive purchasing experience desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in active personnel management
- Advanced skills including Planning, Purchasing, Sourcing, Warehousing, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving / Logistics, and/or Manufacturing Engineering is desired.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement is required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong skills in work planning, capacity analysis, and scheduling.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees. Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
- Ability to read and interpret product drawings and specifications as well as basic understanding of engineering terms
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems, as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
- Computer skills in MS Office are required; advance skills are preferred.
- General P&L understanding is required.
Monday, August 28, 2023