Sparrow Company, an executive search and staffing firm, is currently looking for an Engineering Manager for a direct hire opportunity in Warren, RI.
The roles of the Engineering Manager position are as follows:
· Effective interface with management, production, quality and materials staff.
· Collaborate with other staff to conduct cost / benefit analysis and make recommendations accordingly.
· Identify needs and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for improving manufacturing methods. Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
· Analyze technology, process, methods and current capabilities to assess the feasibility of and plan projects.
· Coordinate and direct projects, from making detailed plans to delegating and directing through goal accomplishment.
· Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
· Confer with management, engineers, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
· Represent manufacturing/engineering on cross-functional teams.
· Manages the process engineering team and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· BS in mechanical, industrial, materials, aerospace, or other engineering discipline and 7 years of experience leading engineering teams, or equivalent combination of education and experience; MS or MBA preferred.
· Experience in mass production, with preference for mass production experience in the automotive industry.
· Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple products through manufacturing process.
· Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.