Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Delta, OH
Sparrow Company, LLC is looking for Electrical Maintenance Technicians. These positions will be reporting to the Electrical Team Leader, the electrical technician is primarily responsible for maintaining and repairing the production equipment. The technician will develop and implement the maintenance programs necessary to ensure the short-term and long-term reliability of the equipment, as well as lead the effort to optimize maintenance costs, maximize equipment availability and reduce unsafe conditions.
Your Day to Day:
- Troubleshoot, repair, problem-solve, and maintain all electrical control problems for all manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshooting machine malfunctions using electronic and PLC techniques
- Performs routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment/parts
- Study equipment manuals to develop audit items and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Install or assist in the installation of new equipment, including proper layout and alignment.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks and inspections as required and on time
- Identify, research, prepare and present solutions to control problems and continuous improvement projects
- Evaluate equipment malfunctions with a sense of urgency to minimize downtime
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications
- Modify equipment as necessary to improve safety, quality, productivity, and reliability
- Perform tasks in a quality fashion by meeting or exceeding the internal customers’ requirements
- Communicate professionally with plant personnel as to the important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and estimated time to complete the repairs or projects
- Maintains proper housekeeping expectation for work area, equipment, and tools
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 3+ year of experience in an industrial electrical maintenance position with demonstrated experience with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Proficient in reading blueprints and schematics
- Strong electrical knowledge (circuit breakers and fixtures)
- High-level PLC experience, preferably Allen Bradley
- Experience in SLC 500, RSlogix 5/500/5000, PLC5, ControlLogix, Mircologix, and Panelview systems
- Proficient communication skills – particularly, the ability to explain complex electrical issues.
- Must be able to perform physically demanding work, such as climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, twisting, and bending for extended periods of time.
- Reliability, dependability, and self-motivation
Friday, August 7, 2020
$70K - $90K