- Abilene, TX
Maintenance Engineer (US Cement Industry Employer)
- The Maintenance Engineer’s main focus will be on improvements in the plant operation. The incumbent will review all reliability, productivity, and downtime reports to identify repetitive problems, facilitate cross-functional teams, study options and develop solutions. Position also responsible for engineering out of built-in deficiencies, inadequacies in equipment and proposing upgrades.
- Development and implementation of the vibration analysis predictive maintenance program. The incumbent is responsible for developing through research, training, application, and maintenance department team work, a program with sufficient level of expertise to be able to predict equipment failure. Must ensure the program is expanded to included alignment and equipment balancing.
- This function will also provide input to the plant capital budget complete with the data required for successful project completion. This position must have good facilitation skills, take objectives views, a high level of problem solving skills, good organizational skills and able to manage projects from conception to completion.
- The Maintenance Engineer must be able to estimate, budget, and interact with contractors and vendors while keeping projects within cost parameters. This position will be required to interact with all operating groups as well as the Maintenance Department.
- The incumbent will be a source of support for both the Operating groups as well as the Maintenance Department. This position will be called upon to provide corrective action for repetitive problems as well as areas of abnormally high cost. The incumbent will have the ability to receive cross-functional support to assist with problem solving.
- The Maintenance Engineer will obtain the funds for almost all of the “improvement” projects from the maintenance or capital budget. These projects will be identified through reliability statistics, equipment performance information as well as long term maintenance costs.
- The Maintenance Engineer will provide input to the Maintenance Manager for the annual maintenance budget.
- The Maintenance Engineer may be required to act in a supervisory role as required within the plant.
- The incumbent is responsible for being on call on a rotating basis to cover mechanical problems as are the other supervisory staffs.
- To serve as a role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety and environmental stewardship to ensure alignment with the company’s vision.
- BS Degree in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years in an Industrial Environment
- Preferable cement process knowledge
- Proficient in Predictive and Preventative Maintenance
- Candidate should have a strong maintenance background with an emphasis on improving reliability
- Strong computer skills with a background in CAD would be preferable
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with all levels of personnel
- Team player who will achieve the goals of the organization through both internal and external personnel
- Requires physical dexterity and strength to lift heavy objects and move through close areas
- Physical environment in the plant is dusty, noisy and potentially hazardous
- Requires some travel to other Company facilities to work with other facilities
Monday, May 18, 2020
$75-85 plus bonus