Sparrow Company, an executive search and staffing firm, is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant for one of our clients in El Paso, TX. This is a temporary to hire opportunity.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Accountants prepare and analyze the company’s financial records. They compile financial statements, review data, and ensure financial compliance.
1. Maintained a QuickBooks accounting system to reflect accurate financial records.
2. Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual compile financial statements.
3. Entered financial information and payments to guarantee that vendors are paid accurately and on time.
4. Reconcile company bank, credit card, and line of credit accounts.
5. Analyzed and researched reporting issues to improve accounting operation procedures.
6. Prepared the necessary closing procedures each month.
7. Prepared payroll federal/state quarterly and annual forms for various clients.
8. Preparation of W-2’s and 1099’s.
9. Preparation of sales state tax filings.
10. Performs research projects as needed.
11. Oversee assigned client’s project deadlines and communicate status to supervisors.
12. Develop clean and easy to follow workpapers.
13. Worked on several special projects for new clients who required assistance in adjusting or change their accounting methods.
14. Performed general ledger reviews to provide an adjusted trial balance for tax or audit preparation.
15. Become familiar with the firm's policies and procedures.
16. Direct client interaction; may require onsite visits.
· Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the senior accountants, engagement managers, or engagement shareholders.
· The more experienced staff must assist with questions from interns and staff with less experience.
Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete payroll and informational returns engagements leading up to filing deadlines.
· QuickBooks experience required.
· 1-2 years of professional experience.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill.
· Bilingual preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting