Senior System Administrator
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- Orlando, FL
We are looking for a Senior System Administrator with hands-on experience in both cloud and on-premise environments. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern concepts and tools to support a variety of projects and products. This position will be in constant communication and coordination with software architects, security operations teams, project leaders, and senior management to build and deploy world-class information security solutions.
This is a Permanent role with our direct client. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder and will be 100% remote.
- Provisioning, automating, operating, and maintaining systems using AWS technologies like VPC, EC2, Load Balancing, EKS/ECS, RDS and S3
- Supporting on-premise environments utilizing both VMware virtualization and traditional server architectures running on HP and Dell Hardware
- Perform OS and Software upgrades on a regular patch schedule
- Maintain WAF, VPN/VPC, Antivirus and Firewall systems
- Ensure backups are performed on all systems and conduct disaster recovery/backup restoration testing
- Monitor relevant systems for availability and performance using tools such as CloudWatch, Zabbix, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Available to support daytime operations and release activities after business hours (US East Coast)
- Document architecture, systems and networking so that other team members can be brought up to speed quickly
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a System Administrator/Cloud Engineer role supporting production systems
- Experience implementing and supporting Linux-based infrastructure (Ubuntu and RHEL Operating systems) and administering services both on AWS and on-premise
- Experience with hardening Operating Systems following CIS, NIST and DISA STIG security controls
- Knowledge of email servers/technology and experience maintaining email integrations
- Strong knowledge and understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, subnetting and VPC peering
- Make key decisions, take ownership of your own projects and are comfortable playing the role of an independent contributor when needed.
- Strong scripting and tooling skillset (Bash, Python, JS, etc)
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and a persistent problem-solving aptitude
- AWS Certification (SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect) strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional documentation, presentation, and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to multi-task competing priorities
- SOC, NERC, and other compliance standards knowledge are a plus
Thursday, December 23, 2021