Sr Software Engineer
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- Burlington, VT
- Works with Process Owners and Business Analysts to understand the challenges that end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Performs data analysis, coding, testing, integration and maintenance of applications.
- Assists in reviewing the current technical architecture, including design patterns and development methodologies.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software that is aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- At least 8 years of working experience
- 5+ years experience implementing, customizing and supporting the enterprise level software solutions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud services
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Proficient programming, unit and system testing skills for all levels of complexity
- Ability to effectively report on application development resources for projects and maintenance
- Ability to synthesize information quickly at a high level and makes decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to recognize matters of urgency and know when to escalate effort
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail, have a strong customer focus, and collaborate and function effectively in a team environment and independently on complex problems