Top 5 Must Haves:
The Sr Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. Help develop, maintain, and support the ServiceNow modules used to support the ITSM processes within the enterprise ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow Developer will elicit the technical requirements, design, develop, implement, configure, support, and maintain the ServiceNow modules and integrations. Autonomy Influence Complexity Business Skills Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level. Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers, and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects. Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules, and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.
· Works with Product Management in an agile scrum to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
· Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
· Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
· Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release plann
· Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
· Develops software in response to the needs of stakeholders.
· Understands technical architecture and writes software that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
· Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
· Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products. Advice and Guidance
· Actively collaborates with other software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight where appropriate. Emerging Technology Monitoring
· Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Professional Technology Skills (the professional technology skills you need to be able SkillFollowApplyAdviseInspireDetail System Design Ability to:
· Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture.
· Influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications.
· Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
· Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices. Programming/ Software Development Ability to:
· Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
· Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work. System Integration Ability to:
· Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them. Application Support · Ability to:
· Manage application enhancements to improve business performance.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
· 3+ years working experience
· Developing solutions while following best practices, as defined by ServiceNow
· Solutioning and providing requested enhancements to existing ServiceNow applications
· Working with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow Advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
· Delivering large enhancements to functionality such as Change Management, Incident, Problem, Knowledge and developing additional functionality/modules
· Facilitating and supporting the rollout of new applications and enhancements in ServiceNow
· Ensure all non-functional requirements (load, performance, scalability, security, usability, etc.)
· Managing the defect log and ensuring issues are resolved, including validation of the fix
· Providing software configuration and customization including screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations
· Developing, designing, and rolling out new application modules, workflows, and catalog requests
· Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and ability adapt to varied audiences
· Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, web applications, and Software as a Service Environments
· Working experience realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support
· Experience with IT Service Management processes and SDLC
· Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
· Working experience in analysis, design, and programming
· Experience with configuration and prototyping on ServiceNow in a large enterprise environment
· Ability to capture requirements, design workflow, and deliver solutions
· Working in an Agile Team environment
· 5+ years working experience
· Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
· Certified ITIL Foundation
· Certified ServiceNow Developer
· Experience developing 3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow
· Configuring ServiceNow Discovery and Orchestration.
· Advising functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices
· Developing applications in any of the following programming or markup languages: Python, PHP, C, Java, Perl, or HTML 5
· Developing, documenting, and maintaining the test cycles, tests and test steps for software, services