SAP TM Business Consultant
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- Atlanta, GA
We have an immediate need for an SAP TM Business Consultant who will function as an integrator between business needs and Technology solutions. In this position, you will be responsible for performing current state analysis, defining support procedures and implementation.
Contract to hire
- Analyze customers’ business requirements and tailor the use of the system to meet those objectives. Identify and understand end users' (across functions) technical SAP requirements Build and maintain strong end user relationships as single-point-of-contact for all SAP and IT-related matters
- Document and analyze software, and/or system functional requirements from key stakeholders, develop project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions, install and configure SAP to meet each client’s individual requirements, assist with data conversion, and provide end-user training and on-going customer support.
- Liaise with key business users for business requirements and translating them into SAP requirements. Liaise with all aspects of production procurement, testing and implementation. Work with SAP developers to custom make SAP Modules to meet the business requirements of buy/sell operations
- Manage the project team, project rollout/implementation and SAP upgrades. Keep up-to-date on product releases and new technologies.
- Provide strategic consultancy support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business; partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects; identifies customer business requirements for significant enhancements to existing systems and for new development projects; translate requirements into business rules and user interfaces; coordinate systems design efforts with end user interactions
- Develop, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing
- progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives
- Monitor and report on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating plans and standards; provide information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; present reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participate in key management activities and committees advising IS senior management and business unit project sponsors accordingly.
- Performs other projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any engineering discipline with an information technology focus.
- Demonstrated expertise in SAP TM (5-7 years) with at least 2 full-life cycle implementations on versions 9.1 or above. Good understanding of the relevant SAP S/4 HANA components including but not limited to Order Management, Freight Planning & Tendering, Freight Execution & Monitoring, Freight Settlement (including documentation)
- Primary focus on Functional, Technical and SME responsibility for Transportation applications in Supply Chain area.
- Strong knowledge of transportation planning and execution. Demonstrating expertise in the technologies covered by the SAP TM practice including event management.
- Preferred experience in S/4 Hana logistics integration with transportation, warehouse execution and outside logistics application such as fourkites, project44, ortec, samsara, etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- At least 6 years of experience in Business Process Consulting, problem definition, Architecture/Design /Detailing of Processes
- Exposure/Experience/Understanding of not just SAP Fiori, but also can bring insight to other UI options
- Flexibility and adaptability – our employees work on everything from design to hands-on configuration and can stretch into new roles. Nice to have Previous experience implementing SAP in manufacturing industry as either a client, a consultant, or both
- Strategic planning and analysis and management consulting experience with strong emphasis on relationship management and resource management
- Business Process re-engineering or process improvement experience with broad-based information systems. Experience utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Project management experience that involves executing large-scale, high dollar and high risk projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as business unit/division, contractors, and vendors, etc.
Ideal candidate needs to have;
- • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Positive, self-motivated and an exceptional desire to win. Superior people skills: team-oriented, fast learner and personable understanding of business requirements and functionality
• Understanding of integrated business management systems. Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks. Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
• Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Consistently proven ability to implement projects and contribute to concept development
Friday, November 11, 2022