Sr. Technical Project Manager
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- San Francisco, CA
This is a Full time remote role that is based in PST. Must work PST hours. The role is 6 months in duration with a possibility of extension.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will drive the delivery of Data & AI projects, such as those related to the Levis.com consumer site experience, loyalty program, product pricing and assortment, retail operation, inventory management, and others.
About the Job:
- Collaborate with Data & AI Technical Leads, key business leaders, and product management to solidify requirements for projects that will meet overall business and financial benefits.
- Hands-on end-to-end project management of 2-4 key project initiatives in the portfolio
- Create and maintain project plans with key milestones (via SmartSheet) and drive the team to deliver on agreed-upon dates.
- Communicate regularly with leads, project teams, and your management team.
- Identify issues and problems, generate solutions, and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution of release schedules for product initiatives.
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your stakeholders.
- Develop integrated baseline project plans to apply estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them.
- Recommend best solutions based on an understanding of business issues.
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on the budget, time, and risk.
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction surveys and closure analyses.
- Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools, and findings for future projects.
About You – Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience, Masters a plus. PMP certification.
- Background in development/coding before moving into Project Management roles
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 8+ years of direct oversight and hands-on agile project management of projects that are highly technical and cross-functional in nature
- 8+ years of direct hands-on experience managing Kanban and Scrum/Agile project using Jira, Confluence, and SmartSheet
- 5+ years' driving projects to completion end-to-end in a cloud environment, e-commerce environment, including working with Data Engineers and Cloud DevOps Engineers
- 4+ years in retail companies; understanding e-commerce, merchandising
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering results in fast-paced, cross-functional cloud and data environments
- Expert in effectively communicating with data scientists, data engineers and analysts, product managers, company leadership, and external partners
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously with little supervision
- Analytical problem solver and strong quantitative thinker who learns quickly
- Ability to juggle and prioritize competing demands on your time
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project, and/or Visio.
Wednesday, December 8, 2021