Applications Development Manager
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- Norcross, GA
The Applications Development Manager, reporting to the VP of Information Technology, will be a hands-on leader responsible for managing the development and delivery of all custom software applications and internally deployed productivity applications. This person will lead a team of IT professionals and be responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising all activities related to the detailed design, development, quality, testing, maintenance, and implementation of software or applications. In addition, this professional will be responsible for researching and recommending software products and services for procurement; perform feasibility studies and provide suggestions on innovation and digital acceleration efforts.
This role requires being in the office 3 days a week and working remote for 2 days.
The client is currently in Norcross GA but in the process of relocating to Suwanee
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Applications Development Manager will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Recommends development processes, services, and tools in support of applications development efforts.
- Maintains control of the development lifecycle, development testing, and software release functions.
- Sets and enforces development standard toolsets and best practices.
- Develops and manages delivery timelines and project plans.
- Identifies, engages, and manages external resources.
- Responsible to work with business users to define and document requirements.
- Acts in a hands-on development capacity when necessary to meet project objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and exercise good judgement while managing multiple tasks involved in support, development, and project management
- Can function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team, perform effectively as an independent producer under broad management direction, and demonstrate a willingness to support the team on all levels to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must have the following:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required.
- 2+ years as an Applications Development Manager or comparable experience with managerial responsibility.
- 5+ years of development experience in a professionally managed development shop.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server.
- Experience in an environment where an ERP integration was part of a project landscape. (Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 is a major plus).
- Thorough knowledge of software architecture and development management principles.
- Proven experience in implementing and managing sound development practices.
- Strong project management skills in either Agile or Waterfall methods.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Utilize a computer and calculator
- Must be able to work at a desk/in office for 8 hours per day.
- May need to handle issues off hours on laptop on occasion.
Wednesday, September 7, 2022