Technical Product Manager - Microservices
Spartan Technologies, Inc.
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager focused on Microservices. This is a Contract to Hire role and requires a US Citizen or Green card holder. This role is also fully remote.
Responsible for using best practice PM methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders
/ sponsor's needs and deliver on desired outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related discipline.
- PMP certification - preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience managing projects.
Skills and Competencies.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics. Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions, and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project, and/or Visio. Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Analytical thinker with creative problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them. Recommend best solutions based on an understanding of business issues.
- Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
- Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on the budget, time, and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks, and track them.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction surveys and closure analyses.
- Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools, and findings for future projects.
- Experienced product manager, with the ability to not only ensure comprehensive and detailed product requirements correlated with business value, but also the capability to translate that deep experience to a strategic product vision grounded in technology
- Experience in building close partnerships with Development team members to iterate on requirements, approach and solutions, in line with an Agile way of working
- Ability to flex with agility between Business and Technical conversations, teams, priorities and requirements, and drive balance, alignment, strategy and value across both streams
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills while the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in SAP Hybris, microservices and mature e-commerce ecosystems.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021