Sphere Recruitment Solutions
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Sphere is currently recruiting for a corporate Controller to fill a key management role within our client’s corporate office in downtown Toronto.
Our client is the premier multifamily property management firm in Canada focused on purpose-built luxury rental communities. Headquartered in Toronto, the company was formed to satisfy a growing need for sophisticated third-party management and to provide a level of service not previously offered in the Canadian market.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives (including the hiring and training of staff or outsourcing of resources as appropriate).
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Direct and coordinate the timely reporting and budgeting company’s financial results
- Manage corporate treasury, banking, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Coordinate income tax compliance and filings across various jurisdictions, including Canadian Partnership and Corporate returns, payroll and HST filings.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product / service investment decisions.
- Oversee the financial reporting process for all client real estate properties, including:
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly reports, year-end reporting, financial statements, variance analysis and budgets
- Reviewing the property financials including account reconciliations, recovery CAM analysis, job cost and fixed assets, bank reconciliations.
- Prepare annual budgets and review existing monthly activities
- Coordinating with the Operations Team
- Treasury, banking and debt service requirements
- Coordinating annual external audits for various properties
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from clients.
- Provide assistance with various other projects as required.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, mature and intelligent, and has demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- Possess a university business or finance degree and has 5+ years of work experience in financial reporting within the real estate/property management industry.
- Possess a CPA designation with strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, (GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory requirements.
- Be proficient with Yardi accounting software (or comparable) as well as Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrates expertise in financial performance, processes, analysis and solutions driven
- Be bright and analytical, able to solve problems and make decisions using logical processes.
Thursday, August 20, 2020