Project Manager, Municipal Infrastructure
Sphere Recruitment Solutions
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Job Title Project Manager, Municipal Infrastructure
Location Edmonton, AB
Category Project Management
Job Type Permanent
We currently have an opening for a Municipal Infrastructure Project Manager for our client based in Edmonton. This position will present many opportunities on a variety of tasks and our expectation will be for the candidate to take a lead role on all aspects of business development, project management and project delivery. The position will be supported by a diverse team of professionals and lead by a manager with extensive experience in municipal infrastructure delivery.
You are an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and leadership potential who thrives in a dynamic work environment. You will provide project management and technical expertise on a variety of infrastructure projects, including roads, water mains, sanitary sewers, solid waste, drainage and storm water management for public and private sector clients. You will lead with a forward-thinking approach that promotes a team environment to improve overall group performance and client service.
- Providing a leadership role in the preparation of designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents, as well as participating in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, contract administration, and inspection of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Advancing projects through the concept, design, and construction phases; managing existing clients; and developing new clients.
- Delivering projects on budget and within identified schedules.
- Completing designs, and design assistance and support to other Project Managers on project delivery.
- Preparing proposals and undertaking business development and marketing initiatives.
- Acting as the primary contact for all project-related client communications.
- Participating in mentoring and coaching a team of engineers and technologists.
- Engaging in a collaborative work environment with your team as well as other disciplines and offices.
- What you will bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited technical institute
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGA or a certified technologist with ASET.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with a focus on infrastructure design and project management, including proposal preparation, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Committed team player with the ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and interested in career advancement.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada.
Monday, October 5, 2020