Sphere Recruitment Solutions
- Toronto, ON
Sphere is currently recruiting for a Commercial Property Accountant with experience overseeing a retail portfolio. The Property Accountant will be responsible preparing and maintaining the general ledger and financial reporting for the properties in their portfolio.
- Maintain the property management books for the assigned commercial portfolios.
- Review A/R and A/P transaction reports ensuring accuracy.
- Review preliminary monthly statements and generate financial statements to complete the monthly reporting package.
- Assist the Operations Group in preparation of the annual budget.
- Complete the analysis of all capital costs incurred.
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting packages to clients.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, A/R adjustments and submit the monthly tax reconciliations.
- Review and approve cheques, management fees, leasing fees and chargeback invoices to tenants.
- Prepare annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance) & Realty tax adjustments.
- Review and post rent rolls.
- Support the property manager in answering tenant queries.
- Review and update tenant lease information in Yardi.
- Maintain year end working paper files including the preparation of CAM and Realty Tax adjustments.
- Prepare year-end audit working paper files with supporting schedules.
- CPA designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is an asset
- Proficiency in the English language
- Communicates clearly and effectively (verbal and written)
- Fast learner, strong work ethic, roll-up-your-sleeves personality, and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and driven to delivering timely results without the need for ongoing direction and supervision
- Customer-focused, readily adaptive to change, and works well with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- 5-7 Years working experience (2-3 years in Commercial real estate industry is highly preferred)
- Working experience with Yardi Voyager is a must
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
$65,000 - $70,000