Sphere Recruitment Solutions
- Edmonton, Canada
We are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer that has great business acumen, high energy to go along with a a solid reputation in the industry. Our client is a large EPC firm with close to 2400 employees across Canada. Having the technical knowledge is one thing but the ability to use that skill to help build a business is another. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone that wants to be more then just technical. We are willing to explore anyone from E.I.T's to the most seasoned Engineers.
Below are the Responsibilities and Qualifications that the client is looking for:
- Prepare process design criteria and technical notes reporting process calculation results
- Provide process data to instrument, piping accessories and equipment datasheets
- Participate in elaboration of process narratives
- Provide Process Engineering design support to multidisciplinary teams for brownfield and greenfield projects as well as for engineering studies (opportunity, scoping, pre-FEED, optimization, etc).
- Prepare PFDs and P&IDs
- Provide process data to line lists (Line Designation Tables), prepare tie-point lists, perform tag numbering
- Prepare mass and heat balances
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Perform drainage calculations
- Perform pressure and vacuum relief calculation
- Participate in report writing
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, constructability reviews, etc.
- Prepare presentation material and make presentations at design review meeting
- Size piping, equipment, pressure relief valves, etc.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) – such as What If, HAZOP, LOPA …
- Participate in development of calculation programs (mainly in Excel)
- Plant engineering experience (required)
- Bachelor degree in chemical engineering
- Registered member with APEGA
- 5 to 10 years of experience with process engineering work, minimum of 3 years for an engineering firm
- Experience with hydraulic calculations for Newtonian fluids and slurries
- Experience with drainage, pressure relief and vacuum relief calculations
- Familiar with codes and standards such as ASME, API, ANSI/HI and CSA
- Computer literate within Microsoft Office and Pipe-Flo
- Experience with line and equipment sizing
- Experience in comparison studies for evaluation of process alternatives
- Familiar with process control systems
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Experience in SAGD and tailings (asset)
- Experience with transient analysis using AFT Impulse (asset)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to see if you are a fit for this role.
Monday, January 25, 2021