Sphere Recruitment Solutions
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Title Property Accountant
Location Toronto, ON
Category Property Management
Job Type Permanent
We currently have an opening for a Property Accountant with our client, a large commercial real estate company, based in Toronto.
- Maintain the property management books for the assigned commercial portfolios.
- Review A/R and A/P transaction reports ensuring accuracy.
- Review preliminary monthly statements and generate financial statements to complete the monthly reporting package.
- Assist the Operations Group in preparation of the annual budget.
- Complete the analysis of all capital costs incurred.
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting packages to clients.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, A/R adjustments and submit the monthly tax reconciliations.
- Review and approve cheques, management fees, leasing fees and chargeback invoices to tenants.
- Prepare annual CAM (Common Area Maintenance) & Realty tax adjustments.
- Review and post rent rolls.
- Support the property manager in answering tenant queries.
- Review and update tenant lease information in Yardi.
- Maintain year end working paper files including the preparation of CAM and Realty Tax adjustments.
- Prepare year-end audit working paper files with supporting schedules.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- Working towards a CPA designation is an asset.
- Two (2) years of progressive property accounting experience within the commercial real estate industry.
- A strong understanding of CAM and Tax recoveries, being able to calculate and record the tenant unbilled operating costs and property tax amounts on a monthly basis.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, able to use pivot tables and complex financial formulas.
- Knowledge of commercial property accounting software such as Yardi.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020