Sr. Systems Engineer - Orlando, FL
- Oviedo, FL
Sr. Systems Engineer
US Government security clearance may be required and candidate must be eligible.
This position focuses on how to design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life cycles. Systems Engineers should be knowledgeable of the systems engineering process. Systems engineering includes skillsets from the following specialty engineering domain areas: Human Systems Integration and Human Factors, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Environmental, Quality Assurance, Biomedical, Security, Network/Communications, and Safety.
- Ability to understand all current and upcoming system requirements, including both fine-level details and overarching strategic goals, and communicate this information effectively to staff members, managers and executives.
- Ability to lead development and implementation of new technologies within a large systems environment by advising on design concepts and changes, implementation strategies and deployment timelines.
- Ability to coordinate with specialty engineers, software developers and systems analysts to design effective solutions that meet requirements for functionality and integration with existing components.
- Ability to manage development, testing and deployment of software and other computer systems technologies to ensure compliance with operational requirements for security, performance, reliability and scalability.
- Ability to research existing and emerging hardware and software technologies to determine capabilities and cost-benefits relationship and develop ongoing computer systems solutions that meet performance and budgetary requirements.
- Ability to oversee database administrators, network designers and lower-level IT personnel to facilitate well-organized and efficient planning and implementation of computer systems.
- Ability to create thorough documentation records of design specifications and instructional manuals as necessary to enable all computer systems stakeholders and end users to interact correctly and effectively with hardware and software systems.
- Experience applying Department of Defense (DOD) materiel acquisition processes to support the acquisition of simulations, simulators, training, and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge and expertise in all areas associated with the development and integration of state-of-the-art engineering concepts within modeling and simulation and training systems.
- Knowledge of test engineering and management techniques including Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) development and coordination through the Test Integration Working Group (TIWG) process.
- Expertise in military training systems and general training simulation technology.
- Knowledge of acquisition, development, fielding and life cycle support of simulations, simulators, training and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense (DOD) materiel acquisition process, specifically the application of DOD 5000 series of regulations to support the acquisition of electronic, computer-based military equipment or simulations, simulators, training systems, and instrumentation projects.
STS Federal, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thursday, September 2, 2021