Java Software Engineer II
- Madison, WI
Sundial Software is currently recruiting for a Java Developer for a Direct-Hire position.
**MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN**
Java Software Engineer II Description
- Develop web-based systems built using Java EE technologies in a multi-tiered environment including working with front-end components, business logic, workflow logic, backend systems as well as integration endpoints.
- Determine operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements gathering, solution development, and solution proposal.
- Adhere to our client's coding standards and security practices in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team (QA, PM, Support) members to achieve goals.
- Develop, integrate and deploy object-oriented system solutions for web applications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems.
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy, as needed.
- Mentor less experienced Software Engineers.
- Confer with users/focus groups, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Design and develop new core functionality.
- Demonstrate ability to take on larger case work and design.
- Demonstrate logical, solution-oriented approach and possess the ability to offer a variety of solutions or functionality to solve problems.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or relevant work experience.
- 2-4 years industry experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency of:
- Object Relational Mapping
- Web services
- Continuous integration
- Takes initiative with problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across functional teams.
- Ability to capture and document software design and requirements.
- Investigates potential solutions to ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning.
Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Wednesday, June 19, 2019