In a global environment, provide technical support for the configuration, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on all enterprise supported hardware and software. Assists with testing, training and deployment of new systems.
1. Five plus years desktop experience with excellent verbal and written communication with a professional demeanor and polished phone skills.
2. Strong customer service skills, including the ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
3. Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others to calmly handle critical situations with confidence.
4. Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment with the ability to multi-task.
5. Ability to prioritize and to research problem solutions thoroughly under supervision, using advanced methods and varied resources.
6. Ability to be detail oriented, yet still see the big picture.
7. Strong knowledge of current operating systems and software products.
8. Strong understanding of LAN and WAN communication including IPX/SPX and TCP/IP.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile with ability to travel between Promega campus buildings as required.
1. Provide troubleshooting and customer service for multiple software and hardware platforms in addition to related peripherals such as scanners, printers, etc.
2. Serve as overflow for helpdesk, resolving technical incidents in a timely manner, tracking issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
3. Properly document processes and technical discoveries for future reference and training purposes. Thoroughly log problems, record status, and close out tickets when problems are resolved.
4. Research, evaluate, test and implement new hardware/software solutions as needed by the business and as assigned. Quickly learn and adapt to a constantly growing technical environment.
5. Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support and assist in the creation, management and terminations of user accounts.
6. Stay current with new technologies (i.e. Software, Hardware, OS, personal productivity) and be prepared to make recommendations.
7. Setup hardware and software including configuration and training of supported systems.
8. Assist in desktop imaging and maintaining image and inventory management (asset management).
9. Participate and help coordinate coverage including maintenance of documentation, knowledge base articles and cross training to maintain a high level of service in the event of an absence.
10. Participate in and adhere to change management process.
11. Under immediate to minimal supervision, handle and accomplish all tasks with proper communication in the allotted timeframe.
12. Work in a team environment. Assist team members in accomplishing tasks/projects given to them.