· We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team as a SQL Database Architect - with a proven track record in the design, build, test, and deployment of quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology architecture standards and best practices.
· Designs and builds relational databases.
· The DBA will create and administer database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability.
Specific responsibilities include:
· All aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
· 24x7 rotational on-call support, including driving Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews.
· Change management including maintenance of multiple development, staging, and production environments. Responsible for deploying approved changes to production.
· Proactive database monitoring and issue resolution. Specific professional experience and expertise with Idera database tools.
· Database optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
· Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise database systems enhancements to meet business requirements.
· Participate in project design and SQL Server database design decisions.
· Develop and implement Database security policies and procedures, in line with organizational objectives.
· Responsible for evaluating patch releases and patching requests from development, and communicating constraints, issues, and timelines for deployment.
Service Ownership Responsibilities:
· Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on the technical aspects of the application or service when asked by peers, management, or Divisional partners for information or status.
· Validate that the application or service is available or unavailable in the event of a critical service disruption.
· Assist with troubleshooting the application or service upon request or when activated through the DOJ DR or critical incident response plans.
· Define recommendations for application-specific upgrades, releases, and compliance with DOJ quality standards, including security, high availability, and performance.
· Respond to the on-call phone for incidents
· Respond to the on-call staff
· Requires a depth and breadth of database knowledge that will help with formal design of relational databases and provides insight into strategic data manipulation.
· Database Architect capabilities with 6+ years of experience, independently designs and builds relational databases.
· Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Cleans and maintains the database by removing and deleting old data.
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected