- Madison, WI
Sundial Software is currently recruiting for an Enterprise Architect for a direct-placement opportunity.
Enterprise Architect Description
Sets the technology vision, strategy and architecture plan in order to enable our client to achieve their business objectives. Utilizes significant business knowledge and one or more areas of technical expertise to define the technology roadmap that guides the strategic direction for the enterprise. Works closely with other architects, as well as IT and non-IT staff, to define the Architecture and to guide the use of various tools, technologies and techniques in the realization of that Architecture within IT. Assists in the communication of the IT roadmap/Architecture, and in the development of needed skills throughout the organization. Defines and builds the IT roadmap for divisions’ portfolio, compliant to the architecture in order to advance business objectives.
Essential Job Duties
- Align business and technology strategies, in order to better achieve the objectives and strategic goals of the business.
- Set the technology direction and the strategies for assigned portfolio and programs.
- Serve as a strategic partner for business stakeholders at the senior leadership levels.
- Research, analyze, design, propose, and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Lead enterprise architecture framework development, and interface across several business areas (Division), serving as a visionary to pro-actively contribute in the ideation of future projects.
- Build consensus and conceptualize solutions; sell the execution of solutions.
- Support, communicate, and take personal ownership for strategy and success criteria. Actively assess perspective from all levels and peers, and challenge the status quo to ensure a successful execution.
- Effectively manage changing priorities and ambiguity. Maintain direction and focus through pro-active planning and organized approaches.
- Drive business excellence by establishing partnerships. Demonstrate dedication to exceeding expectations and requirements for internal customers and vendors. Leverage customer/consumer insight.
- Engage and mobilize human resources, by establishing a clear direction and setting stretch objectives. Create collaborative relationships/teamwork, including with vendors. Attract, coach, and develop others.
- Provide design leadership, guidance, and assistance in applying architecture.
- Partner with assigned Division to understand business strategy and to develop a detailed Portfolio roadmap for the business division.
- Lead and guide the development of various elements of the architecture. Solicit input from IT and the business as a part of architecture development. Inform and guide IT and the business with reference to the architecture.
- Work closely with peer architects and other IT and non-IT staff, to ensure that strategies fit within the Architecture strategy.
- Fulfill the role of Portfolio Architect and Continuously review software designs and support implementations throughout projects’ lifecycle, to ensure compliance with the Architecture. Promote and lead best practices in the use of software tools and technologies, including legacy and contemporary software development tool sets.
- Provide leadership and/or representation in various technical standards groups, such as the Centers of Excellence.
- Disseminate knowledge of design principles and implementation techniques within IT and via published papers and/or presentations.
- Continuously review third-party software and components for adoption.
- Work with Information Architects, Project Architects, and Data Analysts to ensure implementation of strategic IT Roadmap.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values, and by adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintain high regard for member privacy, in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Develop Architecture Solution Vision documentation at the request of leadership.
- Audit and review Project Architects Software Designs. Provide checklists and waiver forms in accordance with the Architectural governance process.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other execution architecture functions, as assigned by management.
- Conduct projects and participate in team activities to identify problems and to improve work processes and systems.
- Perform other special assignments, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 of years of Information Technology experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of production level experience with a contemporary software development tool set. Preference is for TIBCO, JAVA/J2EE experience J2EE platform, Understanding of SDLC practices, PMO prioritization processes, Sparx Modeling, SOA Design Concepts. Equivalent experience with other contemporary tool sets will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Health Plan, Application, or Systems Architecture experience.
- Hands-on experience as a "seasoned architecture practitioner," with an ability to think broadly at a domain level.
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture, solution design and delivery, technology infrastructure, and integration in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in influencing key decision makers to help shape technology strategy.
- Extensive experience in leveraging cost effective technological solutions to meet critical business needs and objective.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to IT application development and infrastructure teams on technology direction, to achieve stated strategic imperatives.
- Ability to balance tactical needs and business realities with strategic requirements.
- Technical or Architectural certifications.
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to partner with internal and external customers to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to leverage resources, both internal and external, to create effective technology solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic priorities.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to drive customer excellence.
- Demonstrated skill as a leader for driving and managing change.
- Equivalent experience with other contemporary tool sets will be considered.
Friday, September 6, 2019