• Provide high level and detailed, consultative infrastructure solutions for both commercial off the shelf (COTS) software and custom developed application projects.
• Server, storage and backup provisioning, administration, maintenance and support including performance and availability monitoring
•manage and renew Signed and Self-Signed certificates and 3rd party certificates
• Design, configure and implement new vendor applications
• Monitor and maintain the health of enterprise environments.
• Develop and monitor architectural standards and policy; collaborate with the team to design, follow and enforce security policies and processes.
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures including infrastructure provisioning, capacity management, and availability management.
• Create and maintain architecture reference materials, technical and functional documentation.
• Develop technical solution roadmaps in support of business initiatives.
• Design automated applications and infrastructure with focus on security, scalability, availability, and recoverability.
• Provide leadership for and contribute to the development of solutions and deliverables related to infrastructure for DOJ projects in collaboration with project teams.
• Provide project estimates related to infrastructure solutions.
• Monitor project work of technical staff and drive project progress.
• Train staff on system architecture, components, and troubleshooting
• Oversee and audit compliance with architectural policies and standard operating Procedures.
• Assess rapidly changing technologies, including tools, technologies, frameworks and industry best practices and develop recommendations for solutions to meet current and emerging business needs.
• Develop in-depth understanding of business needs.
• Serve as technical liaison to management, business stakeholders, and vendors.
• Develop support procedures, technical documentation, and other related documentation.
• Strong understanding and experience supporting Microsoft Architecture including AD
services and Group Policy, Distributed File & Print services, VDI, WSUS, Anti Virus
infrastructure, and desktop life cycle management.
• Must have demonstrated work experience in a large enterprise environment supporting and maintaining core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows Server
• Ability to understand and use technical documentation effectively.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Maintain incident response logs and associated performance consistent with Service Level
• Administer IT operational tasks in order to ensure a properly operating and controlled
• Bridge any gaps in system configuration needs as assigned.
• Strong working knowledge of operating systems environments (MS), file server print and web server administration/configuration, browser configuration, database environments and related software applications.
• Ability to prioritize workload and maintain a cheerful, client-friendly persona under sometimes stressful conditions.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to react quickly, reliably, honestly, and with a diverse set of skills and personalities.
• Result Driven: get it done quickly and done correctly the first time.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, to deal with constant change and
competing priorities, and to participate in continual process improvements.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment
• Demonstrated advanced level problem solving skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
Service Ownership Responsibilities
• Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on the
technical aspects of the application or service
when asked by peers, management, or
Divisional partners for information or status.
• Validate that the application or service is
available or unavailable in the event of a critical
• Assist with troubleshooting the application or
service upon request or when activated through
the DOJ DR or critical incident response plans.
• Define recommendations for application specific
upgrades, releases, and compliance with
DOJ quality standards, including security, high
availability, and performance.
• Respond to the on-call phone for incidents
• Respond to the on-call staff
Work Location is remote during COVID restrictions, once restrictions have been lifted work will return to on-site.