Software Engineer - Business Systems Hybrid
- Madison, WI
THIS IS RECRUITMENT FOR A DIRECT HIRE POSITION.
The Senior Software Engineer on the Business Systems team will develop software to streamline departmental workflows, enable product growth and integrate systems across the organization. We ship code frequently and fast, but stability and reliability cannot be compromised. The role provides an opportunity to shape the future of how Sonic Foundry’s operational systems are designed & implemented.
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle in defining, designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining applications and projects.
- Creatively solve problems, introduce new technologies, improved metrics, and process improvements
- Self-motivated, comfortable taking the lead to gather requirements and help drive projects to completion
- Maintain quality work through code reviews, applying programming and security standards, and developing automated tests
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to less-experienced engineers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify priorities, break down large initiatives into actionable work, effectively communicate progress, report on status, explain issues and negotiate solutions
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming language (we use C#)
- Experience working with source control (we use Git)
- Experience developing and consuming API’s
- Experience with tools such as Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Knowledge of SQL Server or similar enterprise relational database
- Experience with Agile development (we use SCRUM)
- Effective communication with both technical and non-technical roles
- Nice to have: Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, Zapier
- Proficiency and experience in Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required
Tuesday, December 21, 2021