Applications Software Engineer 3
- Madison, WI
Sundial Software is currently recruiting for an Application Software Engineer to work on-site in Madison for a 6 month contract.
Application Software Engineer 3 Description
This position focuses on the design, development, and implementation of Software Applications. A successful applicant will have the ability to asses customer needs, define requirements, and successfully implement a solution that achieves the customer’s established goals. Success in this roll will require excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,the ability to collaborate diverse groups, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with great attention to detail.
The Application Software Engineer works closely with the Identity and Access Management and Security teams to develop software solutions that provide automation and delegation functionality in a complex environment consisting of a variety of systems and technologies. The individual will be accountable for developing the application, documenting processes and procedures, and assisting in troubleshooting during stabilization periods. Critical thinking skills are essential for rapid resolution and application deployment.
This Application Software Engineer will develop applications utilizing Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, C#, MVC, and SQL. Experience with Web APIs, and Azure Functions/Containers, and knowledge of Identity Management systems is a plus. The Application Software Engineer is required to operate independently or as part of a team, think critically, and provide leadership, quality assurance while maintaining alignment with the college’s vision and mission, and follow-through on solutions to completion.
The position will be a member of the Identity and Access Management team and is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with peers, colleagues, other IT teams, key business areas and governance groups, as well as our hosting provider.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Design, Develop and Support Enterprise-level Application Solutions in order to deliver appropriate integration architecture and design, serve as an expert consultant, train employees on the integration structures processes, and mentor business users and developers as needed. Tools included, but are not limited to: Visual Studio/Visual Studio Core, .NET Framework, C#, Web API’s, MVC, Azure DevOps, and SQL Server. Azure Functions/Containers, MIM 2016, and Active Directory experience is a plus.
- Support the operationalization of the application (security and change/release management).
- Design and implement secure structures and roles for the implemented solutions.
- Assess business needs, acquire product and technical knowledge, develop customer requirements, and influence technical decisions in order to ensure the delivery of the best solution possible.
- Implement new functionality in a timely and cost effective basis, understanding business needs and delivering accurate data and functionality to meet those needs.
- Maintain appropriate technical, architectural, process, and procedure documentation.
- Ensure that all stakeholder requirements are documented and understood.
- Participate in the operationalization of the deployed solution.
- Build, Test and Deploy Applications supporting the Identity and Access Management Systems.
- Design and develop applications to support Identity and Access Management using appropriate development tools.
- Provides technical assessment of current processes and procedures in order to recommend changes or additions.
- Communicate key issues and timelines to stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Provide documentation and training to end-users peers as appropriate.
- Provides software release management, serving as a project manager in upgrade projects; participates in the review, testing and implementation of system upgrades, collaborating with functional and technical staff to mitigate upgrade risk.
- Prepares detailed written technical documentation that provides standards and accountability in the maintenance and enhancement of Madison College Integrations.
- Follows Madison College’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodology.
- Creates, documents and maintains the change management processes.Monitors and regulates the scheduling calendar.
- Monitors and maintains system functions and performance to support optimization of the environment.
- Maintain expertise in emerging Identity and Access Management and Directory Services technologies.
- Provide consultation and advice on emerging issues and developments to clients or service partners on application strategies based on existing architecture, standards, processes and procedures.
- Independently propose and advocate for new design and direction for the College’s Identity and Access Management environment.
- Follow best practices with application development methodologies, database design/modeling techniques and integration administration skills.
- Stay abreast of the latest Cloud computing and web services technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Design and implementation experience in IT, with a knowledge in the following technical disciplines: Service-Oriented Architecture, network design, application development, middleware, servers and storage, database management, and code management.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) practices including Release and Change Management Release management – understanding the formal steps necessary to move large development projects into a production environment
- Application architecture frameworks and models.
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) design principles.
- Security architecture, process, standards, protocols and troubleshooting.
- Security concepts, best practices and procedures, tools and techniques.
- Cloud-based solutions, options and integrations.
- Troubleshooting and solving complex program issues.
- Business processes specific to higher education with a track record of leading business process innovation
- Applying industry standards and best practices when designing technical solutions
- C#, MVC, and SQL
- Web API
- Identity Management
- Azure Function/Containers
- Secure coding concepts and techniques
- Experience in .NET Microservices.
- Experience in the Azure platform a plus
- Communicating (orally and in written) information, data, and opinions to inform, influence, and/or persuade a wide variety of individuals and audiences.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Researching, analyzing, and applying relevant information to the development of departmental processes and programs.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations and best practice industry standards.
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of support level staff.
- Requirements elicitation and development techniques.
- Systems analysis and design, development and programming, implementation, roll-out and deployment and change management.
- Project management and business/systems analysis.
- Work effectively with members of diverse technical and functional teams.
- Work collaboratively as a team member.
- Effectively safeguard confidential and sensitive information about Madison College people, systems and architecture.
- Independently make decisions.
- Define, implement, document and test software applications.
- Solve complex problems, defining root causes, improving systems and making establishing preventive measures for the future.
- Assess risk and develop contingency/mitigation plans.
- Translate complex technical concepts into plain English for management and staff outside of information technology to understand.
- Translate business needs into technical solutions that improve service quality and efficiency while meeting business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to area of assignment or four years (8,000 hours) of an equivalent combination of education and work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position.
**Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position**
- Four years (8,000 hours) of progressively responsible development experience, which should include a combination of the following:
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience with enterprise application development, integrations or middleware technologies like MVC C#, Web Services, XML/JSON, Java, .Net, or Enterprise Service Bus.
- Two (2) years development and support experience in:
- .Net Framework
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL
- Web service development
- Azure Function/Containers
- Azure DevOps
- Three (3) years Business and System Analysis and requirements gathering.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a practical understanding of project management, the ability to investigate and analyze information in order to draw conclusions, critical thinking and object-oriented application development.
Tuesday, November 5, 2019