Sundial Software is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator for a one year minimum contract with annual renewal.
Systems Administrator 1 (16280) Description
AIMS’ customer base consists of approximately 3000 users who are primarily accessing services in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.Our users are distributed across campus on local networks which are protected by firewalls that AIMS manages.We are looking for temporary help for at least one year to assist with operations and infrastructure related responsibilities while a service consolidation project is completed.
Provides systems and infrastructure support in a higher education environment, specifically focusing on Microsoft Windows servers and services in an Active Directory environment hosted on VMWare and Citrix virtualization environments. This position will also be expected to triage support requests received from the service desk, by either resolving the issue or routing the call to senior staff. This role will receive direction from the infrastructure team lead, as well as work as part of a larger infrastructure support team. This position requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently or as part of a larger team.
Under the general supervision of the manager of the Operations and Support Services (OSS) unit of the Administrative Information Management Services (AIMS) department, this position will work closely with team leaders to
(1)Provide basic system status monitoring and reporting for senior level staff and other AIMS staff;
(2)Monitor notification emails sent to service account mailboxes;
(3)Triage calls based on defined parameters, such that they are either resolved directly, or brought to the attention of appropriate senior level staff;
(4)Provide call resolution for certain tasks, such as new AD user creation and deletion, updating of security groups, systems access requests;
(5)Perform basic Windows Active Directory Administration Tasks;
(6)Provide accurate and timely logging of call activity in call tracking software;
(7)Aid senior staff members as requested;
The support activities will occur at the WARF building at 610 Walnut Street primarily via remote administration tools.
Preferred Skillsets include:
- Demonstrated technical competence in a Systems Administrator role
- Demonstrated familiarity with concepts, practices, and procedures within the role
- Installation, configuration and support of Windows 2012 and newer
- Support of Microsoft Services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, SQL, IIS, SCOM, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools such as NETWRIX, SCOM, or like tools
- Experience in PowerShell scripting
- Basic Virtualization experience using services such as Microsoft, VMware, or Citrix
- Basic understanding of networking and systems security