Sundial Software is currently recruiting for a Java/PHP Developer for a direct-hire opportunity.
Senior Developer / Analyst Description
Our client is seeking to fill the position of Senior Developer/Analyst.
The Senior Developer/Analyst is primarily responsible for designing, developing and maintaining enterprise level applications. Applications are currently developed using Java, PHP, Stripes, Hibernate, and i-net Clear Reports. Databases are primarily Oracle and MySQL. Position is in constant contact with confidential and private information. Work is performed under the supervision of the IT Director.
The person in this position will be an integral part of our development team, working to design and implement features and functionality in our various internal and external bar admissions-related software systems. This role will be responsible for abstracting, optimizing, and refactoring code as necessary, to build out new features while ensuring system flexibility. This role requires outstanding planning, time management, and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, test, and maintain changes to web applications, both internal and public-facing.
• Share expertise and knowledge with colleagues.
• Perform customer support for applications.
• Monitor periodic application processes.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
• 7+ years’ experience working on complex application systems.
• Java or other object oriented language.
• PHP or similar scripting languages.
• SQL (PL/SQL, Transact SQL, or SQL 92).
• Familiarity with Agile development principles.
• Strong work ethic, professional, organized, and flexible; able to work independently to solve issues through self-directed research and troubleshooting.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
• Design and development of RESTful web services.
• Experience with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports.
• Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
• Passionate about development, with a significant interest in new technology.
• Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
• Able to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
• Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication skills who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
• Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving.
• Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.