Senior Software Java Engineer
- Madison, WI
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing web-based systems using Java EE technologies in a multi-tiered environment including working with front-end components, business logic, workflow logic, backend systems as well as integration endpoints.
Essential Job Duties
Building web enabled clinical trial management software by:
- Designing and developing web-based systems using Java EE technologies in a multi-tiered environment including working with front-end components, business logic, workflow logic, backend systems as well as integration endpoints.
- Determining operational feasibility through analysis, problem definition, requirements gathering, solution development, and solution proposal.
- Studying information needs, conferring with users/focus groups, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Applying a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing releases and solutions in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated logical, solution-oriented approach and possess the ability to offer a variety of solutions or functionality to solve problems.
- Performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Working collaboratively and professionally with other team (QA, PM, Support) members to achieve customer goals.
- Adhering to and enforcing coding standards in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Working with Quality Assurance including functional performance and deployment issues.
- Collaborating and adding value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Mentoring less experienced Software Engineers.
- Serving as a technical lead including directing other’s work, as required.
- Managing the responsibility of participating on multiple projects.
- Reviewing product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy, as needed
Maintain Professional and Technical knowledge by:
- Attending internal and external training.
- Reviewing professional publications.
- Participating in professional networks and/or organizations.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics is preferred
- Professional experience using Java based or other object-oriented programming technologies (Objective-C, C#, C++, etc.) for building database driven web applications.
- Professional experience using relational databases and writing SQL. Oracle specific knowledge preferred. Knowledge of PL/SQL a definite plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess the ability to write SQL in an ad hoc fashion to facilitate the troubleshooting of customer application issues.
- Understanding of object relational mapping preferably including the persistence API (JPA or NPA) and the use of corresponding frameworks (Hibernate, NHibernate, etc.).
- Well versed in the use of version control systems (SVN, Mercurial, Git, etc.).
- Professional experience in publishing and consuming SOAP and REST based web services.
- Strong attention to detail in diagnosing problems and ensuring solutions address the issues.
- Demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships including Software Engineers, Customer Support, Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Planning, organizing, setting objectives and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics is preferred.
Thursday, July 2, 2020